Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 Cinema Camera EF Mount
From: $400.00 plus insurance and GST
Rental kit comes with 12v AC adapter, V-lock battery plate (batteries are extra), Ursa viewfinder, shoulder pad and VCT tripod plate, top handle, microphone holder.
- 4.6K 120fps in Blackmagic RAW
- 4K DCI 150fps in Blackmagic RAW (windowed)
- UHD 150fps in Blackmagic RAW (windowed)
- 2K DCI 300fps in Blackmagic RAW
- HD 300fps in Blackmagic RAW (windowed)
- Internal ND Filters
- Direct recording via USB-C expansion port
- Canon EF Mount
The new Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is a dramatic advancement over the original model.
While the second generation URSA looks very similar to the original, it now has fully redesigned electronics and a new super 35mm 4.6K image sensor with 15 stops of dynamic range up to 3200 ISO, that combine to support high frame rate shooting at up to 300 frames per second in full HD with Blackmagic RAW.
In addition, URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 has a new USB-C expansion port for direct recording to external disks similar to the Pocket 4K
New ND Filters
The 2, 4 and 6 stop filters are specifically designed to match the colorimetry of the camera and provide additional latitude, even under harsh lighting conditions
Media and USB-C
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 also includes a new high-speed USB-C expansion port for adding accessories such as an SSD for external recording. That means you can now record for even longer durations. Plus, they can record directly onto the same external disks they will use for editing and color correction.
Embedded 3D Luts
The G2 version also has the ability to embed 3D Luts. With Blackmagic RAW 1.3 you can embed 3D Luts into the RAW clips. There will also be new LUT setting controls inside Davinci Resolve 15.3 which will be released soon.
New Color Science
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 also uses Blackmagic Design Generation 4 Color Science for imaging that results in accurate skin tones and improved lifelike colors. Blackmagic RAW images are encoded using a custom non-linear 12-bit space designed to provide the maximum amount of color data and dynamic range. These formats can be recorded onto CFast or SD cards, as well as direct to flash disks using the new USB-C expansion port.
- Digital film camera with 15 stops of dynamic range.
- Super 35mm 4.6K sensor with Blackmagic Design Generation 4 Color Science.
- Supports project frame rates up to 60 fps and off-speed slow motion recording up to 120 fps in 4.6K, 150 fps in 4K DCI and 300 fps in HD Blackmagic RAW.
- High quality 2, 4 and 6 stop neutral density (ND) filters with IR compensation designed to specifically match the colorimetry and color science of Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2.
- Fully redundant controls including external controls which allow direct access to the most important camera settings such as external power switch, ND filter wheel, ISO, shutter, white balance, record button, audio gain controls, lens and transport control, high frame rate button and more.
- Built in dual C-Fast 2.0 recorders and dual SD/UHS-II card recorders allow unlimited duration recording in high quality.
- High speed USB-C expansion port for recording directly to an external SSD or flash disk.
- Lightweight and durable magnesium alloy body.
- LCD status display for quickly checking timecode, shutter and lens settings, battery, recording status, and audio levels.
- Support for Blackmagic RAW files in Constant Bitrate 3:1, 5:1, 8:1 and 12:1 or Constant Quality Q0 and Q5 as well as ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 Proxy recording at 4.6K, 4K, Ultra HD and HD resolutions.
- Supports recording of up to 300 frames per second in HD, 150 frames per second in 4K DCI, and 120 frames per second at full frame 4.6K.
- Features all standard connections, including dual XLR mic/line audio inputs with phantom power, 12G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay and separate XLR 4 pin power output for viewfinder power, headphone jack, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin 12V DC power connection.
- Built in high quality stereo microphones for recording sound.
- 4 inch foldout touchscreen for on-set monitoring and menu settings.